Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Consumer Behavior

Consumer behavior is studying the decision processes of a purchase, before during and after the purchase is made. In marketing information about the consumer and their behaviors is extremely benefited to know and understand before starting a marketing plan. A company may have an amazing product but if the consumer does not know what it is or why they may need it then it is of no benefit.

Recently I made a video game purchase for the Nintendo Wii. For most people purchasing a video game is just a simple procedure of going to the store and picking a game they saw on the television commercial. Because I do not allow myself to play many games, I make it a habit to make sure the game I select is to my style of game play. Based on the 4P's (product, price, promotion, and place) I chose the game Dead Rising by CAPCOM.

10 PERCENT OFF COUPON

Dead Rising is an amazing concept based on the premise of an action horror game. Many games have been made for the Wii that have failed miserably but Dead Rising had me sold on the reviews of how the controls are true to the function of the movement. I had a selection of different games that I was in the market for but with all the reviews, walkthroughs, and trailers Dead Rising had to offer the choice was clear. The price was another factor in selecting Dead Rising. I did not have much money to spend on a game so I made sure that the game was not going to over the limit I set for myself. I wanted a game that was not going to be the price of a new releases ranging from .99 to .99. Dead Rising was on sale for only .69.

Promotions are always something that I look for when making any types of purchases. Game Stop is the best place for purchasing video games because of their promotions. I have a membership that gives me 10 percent off any used video game and the ability to return the game within seven days with no questions asked for a full refund. The game cost .99 brand new but I purchased the game for .99 plus an extra 10 percent off for my membership. The other promotion that I took advantage of was the trade in promotion. I traded in three other games that gave me plus my membership gave me an extra 10 percent and on top of that I received an extra $10 for having three games traded in during that particular month. I ended up buying the game with the company owing me a few cents.

The location of where I could purchase the game is very important. I first look on the Internet and find out if the local store that is down the street has the game in stock as a used game. The game needs to be used in order for all the promotions to take affect. If the local store does not have it used and only has it new then I wait for them to get it in. I only like going to my local store for two reasons. The first reason is that the people know me at the local store and I do not like driving across town to pick up a game. The second reason is if I do not like the game and need to return the game I would need to return it to the store I originally bought it from. If I do not like purchasing games across town I certainly do not like returning games across town.

In a consumer based society where it is very easy to be informed before making a purchase, companies and their marketing teams need to find as much information about the people who are willing to do business. While making a video game purchase I have seen how important it is for a company to understand the 4P's of marketing. I was able to make a purchase based on the product, price, promotion, and place.

Consumer Behavior

10 PERCENT OFF COUPON

0 comments:

Post a Comment